Friday, May 25, 2007

Oh, the temptations.

I was off to a great start this week. I was eating healthy and gung-ho on the plan. Then I gave in to laziness, donuts, ice cream socials and peanut butter cookies. I currently plan to go home and nap. And then eat pasta and drink wine (thankfully in honor of a birthday, so those calories don't count).

Awesome!

As for my exercising, I'd walked 80 minutes in two and a half days...and since then I've only walked an additional 45. Phil has been around to share dog-walking duties, and after 5 days of single parenting while he was out of town, I relish the Lola-free time. I have great plans to be active all weekend, so of course, they're calling for thunderstorms. Rain will totally ruin all of my really fun plans but will also keep me out of a bathing suit for a little while longer. Nothing's quite so motivational...

In other news, very much in the vein of my theory that calories consumed in honor of birthdays do not exist, I'm trying to think of a loophole that negates the affect of any foods consumed at holiday BBQs. Any suggestions?

Have a great long weekend everyone! Stay strong!

(Oh yeah, and even though I feel like a slacker, I still totally exceeded this week's goal. So there's that.)

2 comments:

little ineb said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!

Harmony said...

Hehe. It wasn't in honor of my birthday, it was my friend Emily's birthday. But the birthday/calorie rule still totally applies. And thanks for the enthusiastic sentiment anyway!