Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Falling off the wagon is tasty.

At work, Wednesday means only one thing.

Delicious. Evil. Donuts.

Now, you people are probably starting to think I'm donut obsessed. This is not the case. While I am fond of pastries, as a snack addict, I generally don't favor or discriminate against any category of sweets. Regardless, every Wednesday, without fail, there will be two doughy dozens of something.

I attempted to resist. I suggested perhaps next week's appointed food provider supply fruit salad. I was laughed at. That's just the kind of people we are here. The "we eat 2 dozen donuts every Wednesday and laugh in the face of fruit" kind. Monsters!

So what else was I supposed to do? I had to eat one of those donuts. I had to punish the donut for taunting me. I ate that little punk as consolation in the wake of my humiliating fruit-laugh ordeal. At least, that's the dramatic justification I've offered myself for so quickly diving head first falling off the healthy eating bandwagon.

So while Lola and I managed to squeeze in all 3 walks yesterday even with the threat of rain, I've only got 10 minutes of walking under my belt for today.

My donut has created a deficit.

Tomorrow there is a potluck. I'm going to hide.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

This morning, I was so distracted trying to come up with a healthy "grab and go" breakfast option, and resisting the siren song of breakfast pastry... I missed the exit for work. Seriously. And it was the bad kind, where the next exit is a major freeway two miles further down the road, and there's no easy solution, you just have to keep driving and then loop around and then double back... I should've just stopped at the damn Tim Hortons. Sugar is a cruel mistress.

Jen said...

I too, heeded the call of the sugar mistress for breakfast this morning. However, I think I have you all beat. This morning for my breakfast I had one snack size dark chocolate Mounds bar and one snack size Reese's Peanut Butter Cup from the candy bowl on a coworker's desk. Washed down with an extra large milky tea.

I win at life. :)

little ineb said...

Yeah, I like to pretend that I haven't gained a lot of weight the last year or so due to discipline and effort, but really it's the lack of co-workers. I had bran flakes and vanilla soy milk for breakfast. While watching Ellen, with my feet on my desk. It's a classy job I have.

RevAaronD said...

My coworkers were just the same. Once, in fact, they decided they were sick of having cakes for people's birthdays and I suggested fruit. And it was okayed! So when it was Jarod's birthday, I made a fruit basket out of a watermelon (I'm the overachieving kind of crazy) and filled it with fresh fruit from the farmer's market. And people said they liked it, but the next two office birthdays were ice cream cake and cheesecake, so it was clear where their hearts truly lay.

Not that I can complain. I had a king-sized Snickers bar for lunch today, so...