Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hello - Hello - Hello!

Okay - if you know Alice in Wonderland you know why my title is such :).

I'm Melinda - I'm one of the roomies. Bethany and I met at Alma and were roommates for 3 years there. I'm not very good at these posts and such, but I'll do my best. This will hopefully help! A little about Me, hrmmm.....

I'm a music teacher in South Lyon and I do WAAAAY too much in my free time, just ask my roommates. I sing in a band, vocal direct children's theatre (Alice in Wonderland at the moment), teach musical theatre at a dance academy, act/sing at the theatre myself, craft everything you can possibly craft and do dog showing with my springer spaniel. SEE - I told ya! Just say it - I'm nuts - I know! I love it, though. :)

I've struggled with my weight for years and have been up and down with the same 25 lbs. over the last year especially. I'm frustrated right now because I can't seem to get the eating and exercise going at the same time. I love doughnuts - I would say an apple fritter is my favorite but I'll take most anything. I haven't had one in a long time, though. I'm a meat and potatoes gal - OH - and cheese!!! I LOVE CHEESE!! Yes - my name is Melinda and I'm addicted to CHEESE! ugh.

As I expected, I have had a tough time with getting the exercise in. I started yesterday and I'm behind already. I'll try to do some walking tomorrow. I have time during the day, but lots of stuff to do.

Alright, it's late, I'm tired, and I should be in bed. Tuesdays are nasty. Never a dull moment.

Good luck my Doughty Dozen buddies!
/m

4 comments:

little ineb said...

It's so good to hear from you!

Harmony said...

Oh, Melinda. You're so crazy. :) But guess what? Lola and Jasmine area allowed to socialize now! Our dogs can be friends!

Jen said...

Whee! It's a mommy! :)

Bethany said...

Ha. I started the project, and I'm totally way behind too... so don't worry about it. We're not here for guilt, just moral support. If it's not pouring down rain, I'll walk on my lunch break today.. last night I was thwarted by thunderstorms of doom. Excuses, excuses...