Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Binky's turn

Howdy folks! I am Binky. Bethany and I went to Alma together (go Scots!). In the past two years I have dropped weight and decided to try the healthy part of living. I am gluten free as well. I do pretty well, but I have a trip to Hawaii planned, and I need to work out more. I would love to lose another 15-25lbs.
hrmm... other info on binky...
I am a teacher in North Carolina. Yup, that's right you all just imagined my accent didn't you?
My sign is Cancer. And Erica recruited me to this site!

I do not have a favorite donut as the others have posted, because I do not eat them. Occasionally I will get the gluten free variety, but they aren't as tasty.

My current favorite food is gf spinach and feta pizza. But I also am in love with the current strawberry season at the local farmer's market.

Yay! I even started today. Tuesdays are my "day off" from the gym. Usually I only do arms and abs exercises at home. Mondays are dance classes, Wed. Thurs. and Sat. are gym days. Friday is usually dancing at a club or relaxing night, and Sunday is another day of arms and abs.
Today I added on a one hour walk through one of our hiking trails in town. My tushie is a little sore from the unexpected hike. :)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Gluten free wouldn't be so bad if they'd come up with decent alternatives for the essentials... like PANCAKES, for example. I finally found a decent GF pancake recipe for our GF roommate... but they're still not really pancakes. They're totally flat, lifeless things. It makes me sad.

binkalin said...

Actually, there are a few brand name gf pancake mixes I love!! Glutino makes a great one and can be ordered from their website.
My mama, also a celiac, makes AWESOME gf raspberry pancakes. She still lives in the same place in Alma. Stop by, she'll make 'em for anybody!! :)