Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Holiday weekend

This weekend I expected to cheat and gorge on bad foods while being lazy.

I surprised my mother on Saturday by showing up at the Atlanta airport. We all visited my step-brother, John. Step-daddy bought my ticket, but we never told Mom! She cried. Later I did, when I discovered that there was no gluten free food for me other than the box of cereal I hid in my suitcase. John lives on the side of a mountain, with a dirt road. Not really a place with a Whole Foods.

Finally Sunday we stopped at a grocery store and I found some fruit and gf cottage cheese!!! After eating, we went to this beautiful state park and walked up the mountain to see the water falls. We walked for about an hour.

I was doing great until Monday. I decided I wanted cake. I made two gf chocolate cakes. I dropped one and ruined half of it. I then froze the other one so I wouldn't eat every last bite. I still ate too much though.

Tuesday is usually my off night, but I didn't have dance yesterday and I have dress rehersal Wednesday, when I usually go to the gym, so I might switch things up this week. I won a trip to a personal trainer at a different gym. I think I will go to him, then use his wisdom at my new gym!

Happy Tuesday folks!

2 comments:

RevAaronD said...

Hee. I keep reading "gf" as "girlfriend" whenever I see your posts. Which makes me think weird things like "what's a girlfriend chocolate cake" and "Binky has a girlfriend? What now?"

It's funny inside my head, even if it isn't on paper-- er, on pixels, I guess.

Harmony said...

Girlfriend Chocolate Cake...

I feel like there should be a lot of money involved in creating that winning recipe.