Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Expensive!

Here's what I've learned thus far on my afternoon off (I head back to work tonight - gah!):

*Buying healthy food is EXPENSIVE! I ran to the grocery and stocked up on lovely fruits and veggies, yogurts and nuts, and discovered a rather hefty charge when I checked out!

*I've never met Bethany. Oops. ;-)

*Making a cake for a meeting tomorrow is torturous when you are trying to be a good girl, food wise!

What are some of your favorite "diet-y" foods? Good snacks to try? Any fun recipes?

I'm hoping to walk when I get off work tonight, if the storms don't blow through by then! If not, I'll be walking in front of my TV! :-)

5 comments:

little ineb said...

I'm spending an average of $25 a week at s-mart on fresh produce. (S-mart has gotten super swanky since you left!)

Also, walk in front of the tv? Did you get a treadmill and I missed it? Cuz that is some swank condo living!

Roll The Dice said...

Nah, I just do that "walk away the pounds" thing and walk in place. Occasionally side to side. Ya know. ;-)

Liz said...

For snacks I love fruit leather and Kashi stuff, especially their oatmeal cookies. Costco actually has a pretty good selection of healthy stuff around here and you get about three times the food for only twice the price.

I don't know if it counts as being healthy but Amy's Kitchen has delicious alternatives to regular frozen meals and Annie's makes some tasty pasta, marinades, and other goodies. At least they're way better than Stouffer's and Kraft!

Liz said...

Oops, the marinades are actually Annie's Naturals which is apparently a different company than the other delicious Annie's company.

RevAaronD said...

If you're a cakesniffer-- er, I mean, eater, I have to say, I rather like the new General Mills' 100-calorie thingies. They have cupcakes, both chocolate and carrot cake, and they're quite good and decently-sized for 100 calories. They have cookies and chex mix too.