Saturday, June 16, 2007

I did it I did it!

My goal for this week was to make it to the gym six out of seven days. Mission accomplished. Here is my week's summative report:

Monday - 25 min. treadmill 1.25 miles
25 min. bike 9 miles
resistance machines for abs, back, arms
Tuesday- 1 hr of Cardiofunk class (think Jazzercise on crack!)
Wednesday - 1 hr. of intro to cycling (where binky met a cute boy named Brian. Brian said, "Hope to see you an some more classes." Oh you will , cute boy Brian. You will. )
Thursday - 1.5 hr walk with Jackie - 4 miles
35 min. bike at gym - 12.5 miles
Friday - 1 hr. class - Strictly Strength
15min. in steam room...not really a workout, but quite relaxing!
later that day...
1.5 hr walk with Jackie -4 miles
Saturday- begged for mercy, then went to gym
35 min. bike - 12.5 mi
25 min. treadmill - 1.25 mi
resistance machines - abs

SUNDAY- crying, tending to 1 broken toe, three blisters, 1 cracked skin spot on a toe and a completely bruised tookus from the bike seat in the cycling class.

I wanted to prove to myself it could be done. I even went into work for two days and had a dr. appt on another day...so I was impressed. (For those of you who don't know, I am a teacher and I am off for six weeks. )
Next week...back to my typical, summer break schedule of only 5 days a week. Will be at cycling class (sore tooshie is a small price to pay to see cute boy again) as well as Strictly Strength. Going to try Hiphop this week instead of cardiofunk. If it's fun, I might keep it through the fall, and drop the jazz class I signed up for!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Wow! What an amazing showing! Good job :)

binkalin said...

Sounds amazing...until the cupcake craving set in yesterday... mmmm gluten free cupcakes!!!