Monday, June 11, 2007

Hydrating Binky

So...I've kept my goal so far this week...but it's only Monday!

I read an article this weekend (Marie Claire I believe...) that your metabolism doesn't work as well when dehydrated. As if I have f-ed up my metabolism enough in my lifetime! I started drink lots of water. I mean a lot. I feel sloshy. I pee often. I hope I can keep this up until my body gets used to it. But by then, it will be time for me to go back to work...where I never sit down and rarely drink water (I once got to afterschool tutoring - it was 3ish before I realized my propel was unopened...meaning I had not had liquids since 7 that morning).

Off to down another glass!

4 comments:

Harmony said...

I have this problem too. Got any great ideas on how to trick myself into drinking water?

I mix it with coffee but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count.

little ineb said...

I actually like water and always hit the daily requirements. And I don't like coffee-- I know, I am insane!

binkalin said...

I am not a coffee girl either!! I got hooked on propel, the fitness water..sure it has some calories...but I sure go through it like crazy!! Not to mention...GREAT for hangovers...or so I've heard.

Bethany said...

and you have my EMpathies, now that I'm on the same plan. :) I did read that skim milk can "count" as a glass of water, although the book does say not to replace ALL of your water this way 'cuz it does also still count as calories.