Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yay

Look at everyone dropping in to give a status update. Neat!

I scrolled back through my old posts to figure out where I left off. Two years ago I got fired up about health and weight loss when I got diagnosed with an endocrine disorder-- the kind of thing that left untreated leads to diabetes and heart disease. So, I take my pills, eat whole grains, measure my portion sizes, and use my gym membership. In those two years I've lost about 30 pounds., and dropped my total cholesterol 70 points.

I've still got a long way to go-- my bad cholesterol is 26 points too high, my BMI is 32, and my tummy still sticks out farther than my rack. I'm working on it.

This year's goals include: no fast food, adding a 2nd gym day to my weekly routine, and mostly just keeping off the weight I've lost.

It's good to hear from others about both struggles and successes. I hope everyone is having a good 2011!

2 comments:

MeanOldMom said...

That's fantastic!! Wonderful job :)

little ineb said...

Thank you, Diana. I'm working a program that's free due to my university employment. The program has worked well for me-- though lately my weight loss has been quite stagnant... so we'll see how to future goes.