Thursday, November 20, 2008

Stair Master

I didn't gym it yesterday (knitting lesson and coffee date) and I won't gym it tonight (chiropractic appt. and choir) nor tomorrow (opening night of _Twilight_, hello!). So instead I give another of those optimistic exercise ideas for which we count on each other.

Fact: good exercise requires taking the longest route possible to get from one point to another. This means I have started using the bathroom downstairs, rather than either of the ones on the first floor of my office building. Not only cuz the downstairs bathroom has that awesome foaming hand soap (why bathrooms in the same building offer different soaps is beyond me) but also going down a floor means I'm hiking up and down a flight of stairs several times a day.

I like the additional time away from my desk, the sights (someone in the machine shop was wearing a Ron Paul Revolution t-shirt yesterday) and the sounds and smells (my dad managed a machine shop when I was wee, so the sensory experience of downstairs jump-starts my nostalgia on a daily basis).

Anyway, this post is all over the place, I know. But my point: take the long route. It feels good cuz it is good.

No comments: