Monday, April 21, 2008

Just eating a quick snack of applesauce before I go for a walk (hopefully the sun is shining out there, right? Hard to tell from my desk)...

I did my first actual running of the year misery on Thursday. I sucked. And also the road was very dry so cars going by just about choked me with dust, which also sucked and did not make breathing any easier. So. That.

Friday (18th) I tried a new thing, walking on my lunch hour. Twice around the block and back up the stairs to the 4th floor took 30 minutes, totally do-able. Today I actually remembered to put my tennis shoes in the car so I am headed out shortly do give it another go.

Saturday and Sunday we did lots of outside chores, raking leaves and splitting/stacking firewood (my hands are all beat up to prove it) so I say that totally counts... except I am sure also that I ingested enough calories to totally cancel out all above-referenced exercise. Dinner on Saturday was, after all, the bbq bacon cheeseburger at whatever lakefront restaurant we were at... with a pesto bruschetta appetizer. D'oh.

Ok. Going to walk now.
Lovelove.

No comments: